This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WellYesMoment #CollectiveBias
Who else is still rocking their New Year’s Resolutions? I am! I recently went to Walmart to grab some wholesome lunch swaps, and I wanted to share those with you guys.
We all know that mid-afternoon “snack attack”, where you want to eat everything that’s in the employee lounge or the pantry at your house. It’s an epidemic! But, you don’t have to give up the yummy lunches or mid-afternoon snacks. With these delicious lunch swaps, you won’t be missing the chips and candy.
For this goal driven post, I teamed up with Campbell’s Well Yes!™ Soup, which is made with nutritious ingredients, no artificial colors, flavors, or ingredients.
I picked up a couple cans of Campbell’s Well Yes!™ Soup at Walmart to replace dense sandwiches in my lunchtime routine. I grabbed the Roasted Chicken and Wild Rice Soup and Hearty Tomato with Roasted Barley. The Roasted Chicken and Wild Rice Soup contains corn, carrots, and sweet potatoes, has no preservatives, and a non-BPA lining. Also, all the chicken meat used in Campbell’s Well Yes!™ Soup is raised with no antibiotics. The Hearty Tomato with Roasted Barley soup contains red peppers and garlic, ¾ cup of veggies, no preservatives, and is packaged with a non-BPA lining. Each can of soup contains two servings.
I simply swap out my regular sandwich with a serving of soup, and pair it with a few of the wholesome sides below.
- Roasted Chickpeas: These are a great option if you normally enjoy chips with your lunch. They are quick to make, contain lots of fiber and protein, and can be flavored to your liking. Check out my recipes for Dill Roasted Chickpeas and Spicy Garlic Roasted Chickpeas.
- Air Popped Popcorn: This is another great option for anyone who enjoys chips with their lunch. It’s light, low in calories, and you can make it in the microwave in just a few minutes. Simply put two tablespoons of popcorn kernels in a small brown paper bag, fold over the top and place the bag in the microwave for approximately 2 minutes.
- Lettuce Wraps: Are you still craving that sandwich? Swap out the slices of bread for lettuce, and you can enjoy a lighter version of your favorite sandwich.
- Carrots and Hummus: This is one of my go-to lunchtime solutions. It’s easy, tasty, and satisfies my desire for something crunchy. This also makes a great mid-afternoon snack.
- Sparkling Water with Fruit: Sparkling water is a great substitute for soda. You can flavor it with all kinds of fruit, like strawberries, raspberries, blueberry, orange slices, or lemon wedges. It’s refreshing and completely guilt-free!
- Frozen Grapes: If you have been on Facebook or Pinterest lately, you may have seen this ‘snack hack’. It’s a great alternative to candy and is super satisfying!
- Non-Traditional Salad: Can I get a show of hands for people who get sick of regular salads with lettuce, cucumber, carrots, tomatoes, etc.? Instead, try whipping up a fun new salad, like this Fully Loaded Broccoli Salad.
- Greek Yogurt: If you like something sweet with your lunch, try swapping it out with Greek yogurt. You can even drizzle a little honey and add some fruit on top.
I feel super confident that 2017 is going to be a great year full of more nutritious food choices, more activity, and family! And, I can’t wait to share it with you all! In the meantime, head over to your local Walmart and grab some Campbell’s Well Yes!™ Soup at a great price. Watch for demos at your local Walmart 2/16-2/19. Also, be on the lookout for coupons for Campbell’s Well Yes!™ Soup in your Sunday papers between February 12th and March 12th.
Please tell me what you’re doing to stay on track for the New Year in the comments below. I always love hearing what you guys are up to!