These Healthy Banana Bread Muffins taste just like the classic sinful loaf bread, without the added fat from oil. Moist and delicious healthy muffins!
How has your week been so far? Mine is dragging on like Christmas at the inlaws. Yep, that long! I looked at the clock the other day after doing some housework, checking Facebook and Twitter, and playing SimCity BuildIt–so addictive, and it had only been 30 minutes. Don’t you hate those days?
Maybe I’m being ungrateful for the most precious element of all: time, but we have some big plans this weekend, and I’m super excited. We are going camping with friends and family, and for the first time, taking our new RZR S 900 out of town. Yay! So, while I’ve been extremely busy this past week trying to get posts scheduled for the Friday and Monday, getting my house clean and a checklist prepared, I feel like it’s never going to be Friday.
So how do these healthy banana bread muffins relate to camping and long weeks? Well, I want to bring some homemade snacks and easy to grab food items on our trip. I get burnt out on Cheez-Its, store bought cookies and hot dogs. Plus, I’m recommitting myself to the 80/20 rule. Eat healthy 80 percent of the time, enjoy the guilty foods I love the remaining 20 percent of the time.
These are SUPER simple. You only need one bowl. As long as you add all the ingredients, stir– because clumps of flour are icky, and bake them for the correct amount of time, you can’t mess them up. They have milk in them, but you can make them dairy free by using dairy-free milk like almond milk.
I was a little hesitant to try these because I love banana bread so much and I didn’t want to ruin it, but the flavor was spot-on. I added walnuts to the tops of half the batch for an extra flavor boost…AND healthy fats. Winning!
Seriously, give these a try and I promise you won’t be disappointed. They are great for breakfast or a snack, and can be frozen if you want to make a large batch.
Healthy Banana Bread Muffins Recipe
If you are a banana bread lover like me, be sure to also check out one of my favorites: Maple Brown Sugar Banana Bread. And come find me on social media and say hi!
*This post may contain Affiliate Links, which means if you click through and make a purchase, I will make a commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your continued support.