(Be sure to Snag this Coupon for Post® Cereal)
Hello 2017! (almost)
Who else is excited to start the new year? Aside from accidentally writing ‘2016’ on checks, because I know it will happen, I am ready for January 1st. I’ve already started outlining all of my goals for the upcoming year, and am feeling super motivated to get started.
Like so many, one of my New Year’s Resolutions is always to improve my overall health. Eat healthier. Workout more. Quit binging on TV dramas for a week a straight. You know, the usual. I typically make it for a few months, and then the shining motivation dies out and I’ve totally lost perspective on my goals.
So, to ensure success this New Year, I’ve decided to simplify my goals so they don’t seem so overwhelming. Instead of saying, “I want to lose 20lbs.”, I’ve made my goals more realistic, and more attainable. And, following these action steps will result in a happier, healthier lifestyle that doesn’t feel limiting or farfetched.
- Abide by the 80/20 rule (eat well 80% of the time, and indulge the remaining 20% of the time)
- Do something active for 30 minutes a day, 5 times a week
One of the things I struggle with most is eating well in the morning. I tend to put off breakfast for myself until 11am, which leaves me hangry and quick to grab whatever is easiest. But, I’ve come up with a way solve my dilemma, and it’s not eating earlier.
I’ve teamed up with Post® Great Grains® cereal to create a breakfast bar that is packed full of whole grain, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Post® Great Grains® contains 36 grams of whole grains, 12 vitamins and minerals, and 20% of your daily value for fiber in every serving!
This recipe for Cranberry White Chocolate Cereal Bars is a quick solution to breakfast on the go, snack time, or that mid-afternoon strike of munchies. It’s sweet, crunchy, satisfying, and only take 10 minutes of prep + cook time.
Also, for more healthy snack options, check out my post: 20 Healthy Post-Workout Snacks. They’re packed with protein, whole grains, fiber, and more!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
Are you ready to start 2017 on the best note possible? Be sure to read about all the goodness of Post® Great Grains®, grab this coupon, grab a box, make some yummy Cranberry White Chocolate Cereal Bars, or grab a bowl, a spoon, and some milk!